If any of the following make you flee in terror then this internship is not for you:
- Air conditioning
- Your own edit workstation equipped with Final Cut Studio, Photoshop, dual monitors, and a furry tiger hat with ears.
- Socializing with other people your age
- Socializing with other people not your age
- Free admission to many museums
- Producing your own work and making contributions that matter
- Immersion into Japanese American history and culture (and food)
- Casual field trips and networking opportunities
- Getting paid real money instead of Monopoly money
Still here? Then apply to be the Museum’s Getty Media Arts Intern for this summer.(2 other positions open in Curatorial and Graphic Arts/Production)
For requirements and more: http://www.janm.org/jobs/
Evan Kodani was the 2010 Getty Media Arts Intern.He recently graduated from UCLA with a degree in communications.The internship was, by far, one of his most valuable college experiences, improving his skills in editing, videography, and understanding of what a real work environment feels like.It also got him a girlfriend.